Stressless, a premium line dedicated to comfort, has recently come out with the LegComfort™ addition to their recliners. As with anything, it has its pros and cons. You might have already experienced the luxury of a Stressless recliner. You might even have one in your home.
Whether you’re a Stressless expert or you’re new to the line, read on for detailed review of the Stressless LegComfort™!
The LegComfort™ is an automated electric footrest that is hidden under the seat and controlled by easy to access flat touch buttons. As opposed to the classic ottoman, it allows for more space in your living room. While the ottoman is a wonderful addition to a recliner, the LegComfort™ was designed to make reclining streamlined and easy.
As far as price goes, it will cost you $500 more than you would pay for just the chair with the ottoman. The most affordable LegComfort™ option is the Consul Stressless Recliner which starts at $2,495. If you choose the Signature chair, it will be the same price as the chair and ottoman.
The LegComfort™ system is available on all Stressless chairs with classic bases, in sizes medium and large only. If you want to learn more about the classic base, read more here for a detailed guide to every base that Stressless offers.
The LegComfort™ features are designed for ease of use, simplicity, and space saving.
- The footrest is hidden under the seat, giving it a streamlined appearance and saving space in your room.
- There is a battery option that allows the chair to float in a room, which means no wires will show.
- The flat touch buttons are easy to access.
- The footrest is adjustable and can be shortened or lengthened depending on your height.
- The LegComfort™ is combined with the Glide and Plus systems.
Here’s why LegComfort™ may be a great option for you:
- The LegComfort™ is a space saver. That means it’s perfect for a smaller space or an apartment with limited room. Or if you prefer to have just one piece of furniture, rather than having a chair plus a separate ottoman, you might just love the LegComfort™.
- The integrated buttons, which are set on the right side of the chair, are easy to use and require light pressure in order to open and close the footrest.
- The LegComfort™ does not compromise on mobility. The chair is designed to be easy to get in and out of, even with the footrest extended.
- The footrest automatically adjusts to your foot position, taking into consideration your comfort from head to toe.
- The length is adjustable and allows for people of all heights and sizes to enjoy the LegComfort™.
- The LegComfort™ footrest is integrated with the Glide and Plus Systems, allowing for even more support for the lower back and neck.
Here’s why it may not work for you:
- The placement of the buttons on the side of the chair takes some getting used to, and it may not be great if you have limited mobility.
- If you prefer the classic style of the ottoman and its multi-purpose function as a second seat, go with the ottoman instead
- The LegComfort™ adds an extra weight to the chair, making the chair a bit harder to recline for smaller people.
- The LegComfort™ automates the footrest but is not integrated with the back of the chair, which still requires a push to recline.
- Some customers have found that the footrest extends slower than they’d prefer.
- Finally, it’s an additional cost from the classic ottoman.
The crucial point of the LegComfort™ system is that it’s a great space-saver. If you’re downsizing or prefer to have a more streamlined appearance to your living space the leg comfort would be a great addition to your home. Sometimes less is more.
With the LegComfort™ you’re able to have more flexibility in terms of living space. You can still have the benefits of a Stressless recliner without the added space of an ottoman. But, as it’s an additional cost, you should also consider whether it’s an investment that makes sense for you. So weigh the pros and cons!
Or better yet, come to the store and test it out. We have 6 locations throughout Massachusetts for you to do just that.